Below are a just a few of the campaigns we have worked on, and related results, that helped to significantly build the respective businesses. We can share many more with you verbally if you want.
- Helped take Wetpaint, a next-generation media platform company, to a much higher level with comprehensive work in 2011 and 2012 on brand development, messaging, corporate website, media relations, speaker program and thought leadership campaigns. Worked closely with the executive team, while the company was on a fast trajectory, to gain mindshare among important media industry audiences. Client said their communications is “light years ahead of where it was” due to our work.
- Conducted business press tours with the CEOs of RealNetworks, aQuantive, InfoSpace and others during key business events for the companies. Secured related coverage in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Fast Company, CBS MarketWatch and CNNfn among many others.
- Helped InnerSea Discoveries, a sister brand to American Safari Cruises, with brand development, messaging and website copy for their new small ship adventure trips. After receiving their focus group research, worked with them to develop brand attributes, a tagline (“Indulge Your Adventurous Side”), a complete messaging framework and copy for their initial InnerSea Discoveries website. The trips continue to sell-out.
- Developed and led the implementation of public relations campaigns for the launches of several Microsoft products, including Microsoft Word 2.0 for Windows, Word 5.0 for the Macintosh, Word 6.0 for Windows, Microsoft Office, Money 3.0, Money for Windows 95, Microsoft Bob 1.0, Entertainment Pack 1.0, Publisher for Windows 95, Works for Windows 95, Visual Studio 97 and many others. Supported consumer media efforts for Windows 95.
- Developed and drove a campaign to generate awareness and media coverage for the re-launch ms Ryndam, the first ship of Holland America Line’s fleet to have all of the enhancements of the company’s $225 million Signature of Excellence initiative. Helped stage a press event for more than 50 travel trade and consumer media on a ship in New York City. Generated significant media awareness and coverage of Holland America Line’s newly enhanced private island, as well as the North American arrival of the line’s newest ship, the ms Westerdam. As part of this project, hosted 40 travel press and their guests on a 3-day cruise through the Caribbean.
- Led a team of six DDB professionals serving the RealNetworks business and helped the company battle the ever-present Microsoft in the aggressive media player competition. Garnered a 95% positive rate on the 50 product reviews secured for them. Served as an interim RealNetworks public relations director and mentor for the internal team. Drove a consumer campaign promoting the partnership between RealNetworks and the Museum of Television and Radio.
- Planned and implemented unrelenting competitive press work for Microsoft Word which contributed significantly to making it the leading word processor over the formerly strong WordPerfect. Spearheaded campaigns to make Usability and Interoperability key evaluation criteria when the company began moving to a product suite model. The efforts helped jump-start the phenomenal success of Microsoft Office.
- Worked closely with Washington Mutual’s Technology Solutions Group on internal relations for nearly two years during a period of high growth for their department (from 800 people to 3,500 people). Developed numerous communications plans for technology roll-outs and potential crisis situations. Worked directly with the CIO and senior vice presidents in this crucial area for the company.